Thursday, June 24, 2010

Modern Lullabies

When i'm trying to sooth Trey - usually at night when it's bedtime - I've been a bit suprised at the songs that jump into my head to sing.
Trey's default song appears to be The Who's "Endless Wire" off of their 2006 Endless Wire album. It's a catchy song, but not one that I ever thought that i'd be singing to an infant.
However, at least that song's soothing. Hunter's default song was Warren Zevon's "Turbulence" whose first verse runs:
Well you can talk about your perestroika
And that's all right for you
But, Comrade Schevardnadze, tell me
What's a poor boy like me to do?

Turmoil back in Moscow brought this turbulence down on me...

Bonus fact: "Turbulence" was the song that finally taught me the proper way to pronounce "Vladivostok" and "mujaheddin".

No comments: