Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Apple Rant

So there are many small things that bug me about the way that Apple does business, but one of the biggest is the stoopid way that the iTunes Store handles the voluminous number of changes that they are always making to their terms and conditions. Here's how it works:
1. I decide I want a new application for my iPhone (today, it's a nifty Intercall app that will store all of my confusing numbers and codes for me), so I search for, find, and indicate that i'd like to download the application.
2. I am prompted for and enter my password.
3. The app starts to download. It's only now that the iTunes Store realizes that they made some absurd changes to their Terms and Conditions that I have to approve before I can make my purchase. Note that these changes today involve the iPad and the iBookstore, NEITHER OF WHICH I OWN OR USE.

So now I have to back out of my purchase, approve these meaningless changes, then go through the entire purchase process again, even going so far as to reenter my password . This is the antithesis of user friendly, and i'm surprised that Apple, who has a justified reputation of producing crisp and clean user interactions, continually allows this to happen.

Phew. End of rant. Thanks for listening.

No comments: