Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kids say the darnest things...

As long as I'm talking about kids, I thought you might like to hear some funny Hunter stories from the last few months.

When he's not sure if you're listening to him, he'll turn to you and say "Are you listening to my words?" If you're sitting with him, he might actually lean towards you and physically move your face so that you're looking at him.

At times, if i'm on the computer while he's watching TV, he'll demand that I "Put those things on your ears" until I put on my iPod headphones. Then he'll be happy. Along those lines, if he's wearing shorts with drawstrings, he'll sometimes put the strings in his ears and say "I listening to my iPods".

One new thing is if something exciting happens, he'll say "No Way!" When he does this, I often respond "Yes Way!" But then Hunter wants to say "Yes Way!" so he'll tell me: "Daddy. You say no way & I say yes way".

The other day, the Ashland Police were handing out "junior officer badge" stickers. When he put it on, he was very proud of himself, but when I told him that he was a police officer, he looked confused and said "I not a police officer, I Hunter!"

No comments: