Thursday, August 6, 2009

I Could Write Them Blindfolded

I've got Inherent Vice in hand am reading it at a leisurely pace. I can tell you that I laugh out load at least once a chapter; the book is absolutely hysterical.

The thing that annoys me are the reviews of the book. The same load of crap that is written about any new Pynchon novel is being written about this one. The cliches are: he's too hard to read, too many characters, the books are too long, the books are over-literate, etc.

In my opinion, nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, Against the Day was overlong and, at points, boring. But he's not hard to read at all, and Inherent Vice is downright easy to read.

Come on, reviewers! Read the book you're supposed to be talking about rather then your impressions of the author's life, or his past books.

No comments: