Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ticketmaster is still Evil, lest anyone forget

So I'm purchasing tickets to see The Church down and some corporate monstrosity of a club in Foxborough. So of course they use Ticketmaster to sell their tickets. Tix are only $20.00 for GA, a deal for unemployed saps like me. However, when the time comes to actually buy the tix, what do I see?

Total Convenience Charge(s): US $4.75 x 1
Order Processing Charge(s): US $3.00


This shit is outrageous. There's no reason for these charges, other then Ticketwhore making more money off of the back of honest musicians. And the inconvenient fact that it's at least a 30 minute drive for me to drive down to this place so I could buy the tix myself. So the end result is that I just paid $7.75 to avoid an hour on the road. That's "convenience"?

It's the same thing with the "Convenience Fees" charged by ATMs. No reason to charge them other than corporations can do it with no consequences.

Not going to concerts recently means that I haven't had to deal with Ticketmaster. I forgot how dirty it makes me feel.

No comments: