Thursday, February 17, 2011

February Tab Dump

I've been extra busy lately, and this is what i've read about but haven't had the time to write about:
- What we talk about when we talk about overbearing parents: Step away from your children
- A defense of psychoanalysis
- Looking for enlightenment? Perhaps you just need a Zen Slap!
- Coates points us to a movie all about Bad Writing. There's a lot of it out there. I myself have produced more than my fair share. So how do you become a good writer? By spending the time writing every day? Or is it like music - you just need the talent?
- The New Yorker writes about Scientology and how the "religion" treats those that try to leave it.
- Via Ezra Klein, Oliver Sacks details what hallucination teaches us about our minds
- Literary Sluts takes on Pynchon's Mason & Dixon. Someday, i'll take the time to write up the essay that I have embedded me on this amazing book.
- Thoughts on Animism, and what's lost when we disregard this tradition in favor of atheism, no matter how much sense it makes
Enjoy!

No comments: