Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time Keeps on Ticking, Ticking, Ticking...

As I get older, time has developed a different meaning then it used to. Sometimes it moves faster than ever before: it's an obvious cliche because with kids there's more crap to do, more to think about, and yet you're stuck with the same amount of hours. But the flip side of this is that it make free time all the more precious - the time you get to yourself at night means so much more that you're willing to forgo sleep to do what you love (like read another chapter in a book, for example).
Also, time patterns itself differently. When I was younger, weekdays would have a certain rhythm and weekend days would fall into different patterns. Now the patterns are read by weeks or even months - and, at times, I don't even recognize them because i'm just too damned busy. Regardless, time's different structure makes me think and act differently then I would when I was younger.

No comments: