Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Watchmen

I don't have much to say about the movie version of Watchmen because it was so faithful to the comic book. Sure, some stuff was left out, and a pretty major change was made to the reasoning behind the ending, making Veigt much more evil-seeming then in the comic, but overall it was basically the comic on the big screen. And the acting and the special effects were top notch! Man was it a fun flick! My only two quibbles are:

  1. The movie was MUCH more violent then the comic was made out to be, but I think that's just the director's influence. In the comic, most of the "superheros" are really just strong men with cool toys.

  2. The actor playing Veigt wasn't very good. He seemed like the villian in a prep-school drama.


But, as I said, those are just quibbles. It's an excellent movie. Although I recommend reading the comic first, because it's hard to keep up with the plot lines in the movie. And, of course, the comic is still better.

No comments: