Friday, March 5, 2010

My Dream Made Me Hungry and Thirsty

I never thought in a million years that when I had a second child, the main source of my sleep deprevation would be my older one. Hunter has given up any pretense of regular sleep patterns and fights going down for both naps and bedtime, often awakening after only a prefunctory rest. For example, last night he didn't fall asleep until ~9:00 PM after a 45 minute fight, and then he stormed into our room at 2:00 AM with stories of bad dreams that make him both hungry and thirsty. While he never went back to sleep after that, at least he's learned to stay in his room "quietly" playing while Kelly and I try to get some rest.

I know it's a phase. I know it will end soon (our peditracian predicts that it will all be over in a month or two.) But the constant battles and sleepless nights are frustrating and exhausting and I want it to end now.

No comments: