- Develop your sensitivity to music.
- Develop a sense of time as it passes
- Develop a musical memory.
- Acquire a working musical vocabulary.
- Develop musical concentration (especially when listening to lengthy pieces)
- Concentrate upon ‘what’s there,’ and not what you hope or wish would be there.
- Bring experience and knowledge to the listening situation (e.g., info about its composer, history and social context)
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
How to Listen to Music, and One Reason Why
Don't stop the beats! Why? Well, listening to music can boost your running performance by 15%. That's pretty significant, and part of the reason why I feel that i'll have to listen to at least some tunes when I run the Burlington Marathon later this month, despite their strong discouragement.